Friday, December 7, 2012

China Glaze Holiday Joy — Winter Holly

I'm really sorry about the lack of post yesterday. I was informed that someone on Facebook had stolen some of my nail photos, cut and smudged out my watermark, and was now claiming to have done them. Thank you again, Lacqueerisa, for letting me know! ♥ My photos have now been removed from her page, and I've informed as many other artists as I could of their stolen work. But enough about that!

nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound color swatch China Glaze Holiday Joy Collection Winter Holly glitter green gold purple holo holographic

Today's post is a swatch of Winter Holly from the China Glaze Holiday Joy Collection. Winter Holly is a pretty deep green and gold glitter, very Christmas-y, with flares of holographic glitter mixed in. I also noticed a bit of purple glitter in the pictures but that may just be a trick of the light playing off the holo glitter.

nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound color swatch China Glaze Holiday Joy Collection Winter Holly glitter green gold purple holo holographic

Here is one coat of Winter Holly. Two coats fills in nicely and takes care of all the patchiness so don't worry about how thin this goes on. Winter Holly dries pretty matte and will need a good top coat if you want it to really shine. I found my top coat settled around the glitter in visible dimples and needed two coats.

nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound color swatch China Glaze Holiday Joy Collection Winter Holly glitter green gold purple holo holographic

I'm not sure how I feel about all the really fine glitters of this collection. Such fine glitter wasn't really made for layering so multiple coats are a must. Since I use two thick coats of glue base for glitters, along with my usual base coat, the added two or three coats of these glitters needed to get full coverage really makes my nails feel heavy and awkward. Along with the mentioned two layers of top coat needed to smooth everything ... personally, I think I'll be wearing these matte. All said though, they're so darn pretty that I can't help liking them!!

Color: Dark green and gold with flecks of holo and maybe purple.
Finish: Ultra-fine glitter; dries matte.
Application: Goes on smooth but patchy with one coat. Fills in nicely with two.
Coats to Opaque: 2-3
My Rating (1-5): 4

So, what do ya'all think of the new blog layout? I tried to keep it winter-y with only one or two Christmas touches.

7 comments:

  1. Pretty polish! And the new layout looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the new layout is adorable. Perfectly Holiday-liscious :D

    And I'm glad to hear that you got your pictures back. Off the webs in bad ways. Unhijacked? Is there a verb for getting your nabbed photos posted misrepresentationally taken care of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't know about politically correct verbs, but I love yours! ♥

      Delete
  3. Np! I just don't understand why would she steal other's work to claim as her own when she could just do or recreate the mani while crediting ideas to respective people. The only reason I could come up with, is that she has way too much time on her hands that she finds it amusing gaining praises for her so called "work" with people not able to realised watermarks removed. (I don't think its a good editing job anyway, smart attempt but poorly done). Hmm, perhaps FB has removed her page, I don't seem to be seeing it anymore, or she has changed her page name. haha!

    The layout's looking great! Love the blue wintery look! And ohh!! I do love the tiny gold glitters reflecting when it hits the lights! Stunning! I think it'd be a perfect colour to use as Christmas Trees in nail art designs! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo ... using this for Christmas trees is a great idea. I bet it would make some lovely nail art. Perfect texture too. :)

      Delete
  4. Very nice. A nice alternative to all the red around the holidays. I prefer Green over red. And i do like your layout. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm okay with red, but I think it's a bit overused for the holidays too. :)

      Delete

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?