Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Time Periods Challenge: Ancient Mayan

Late night post!! I'm sorry for the lack of actual nail posts lately. I just really haven't been feeling very inspired. It might have something to do with this. I had absolutely no idea what to do for Ancient Mayan in the Time Periods Challenge. I'm not a history buff. I have a few eras I like, but I mostly look to the future. I know nothing about the Mayan culture. If there wasn't the recent hubbub about the end of the world thanks to the Mayan Calender I likely wouldn't know anything about Maya at all. I searched and searched all week and finally found something last night. It feels a bit like a cop out but ...

Spellbound Nails Nail Lacquer Polish Time Periods Challenge Ancient Mayan Maya Jaguar gods demi-gods protectors animal print China Glaze On Safari Kalahari Kiss Desert Sun sponge sponged gradient

Mayans worshiped many jaguar gods, demi-gods, and protectors. As I said, I know nothing about Mayan culture, but I found this really interesting. Why? Because I love big cats!! They should totally be worshiped! I actually looked into colleges with programs that would let me work with these beauties, but found nothing that would let me do exactly what I wanted. I even looked into volunteering at big cat rescues, but there were sadly none near enough.

So, if you haven't figured it out yet, my nails are jaguar print. I really try to stay away from most animal prints. They've been done a hundred thousand times before by nearly every blogger under the sun. There's really nothing new that can be done with these prints. But I really did enjoy doing these nails ... twice since the first attempt was a messy disaster!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this design. I love the background on how you chose this design, it sounds like something I would do to try and come up with a challenge theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you´ve a great blog!
    Please check out mine
    And if you want we can follow each other here and on bloglovin or GFC?
    Let me know!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?