Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Time Periods Challenge: Medieval

Hey everyone! I was so excited about this post and now I'm blah. I woke up this morning with the start of a cold. I'm known for my colds. I had a cold every single holiday as a child and wasn't much better as an adult. I thought I was getting over having such a low immune system since I've been cold-free for a while. I'm hoping it's just a 24-hour cold and it will fade quickly.

Keep your fingers crossed for me and enjoy my Time Periods Challenge nail art for Medieval.


Time Periods nail art Challenge Medieval Dragon scales eye flame fire breathing saran wrap Spellbound Nails shimmer neon green teal blue red yellow orange Sally Hansen Savvy NYC New York Color China Glaze Adventure Red-y freehand hand drawn

I thought long and hard on what to do for medieval. Medieval torture was all I was coming up with until I remembered the myths and legends of fire-breathing beasts started in medieval times. DRAGONS!! How could I forget dragons?? I am so in love with this design.


Time Periods nail art Challenge Medieval Dragon scales eye flame fire breathing saran wrap Spellbound Nails shimmer neon green teal blue red yellow orange Sally Hansen Savvy NYC New York Color China Glaze Adventure Red-y freehand hand drawn

Looking at the finished nail can you believe I started with this? Two coats of Savvy Totally Teal. It's such a gorgeous color of blue that has a gleam of green when the light hits.


Time Periods nail art Challenge Medieval Dragon scales eye flame fire breathing saran wrap Spellbound Nails shimmer neon green teal blue red yellow orange Sally Hansen Savvy NYC New York Color China Glaze Adventure Red-y freehand hand drawn

It proved to be the perfect base. I used some saran wrap to dab on L.A. Colors Mint, an awesome neon green, and some Chameleon Fandango and Chameleon Mist. They're both really sheer but have an amazing amount of sparkly glitter to them.


Time Periods nail art Challenge Medieval Dragon scales eye flame fire breathing saran wrap Spellbound Nails shimmer neon green teal blue red yellow orange Sally Hansen Savvy NYC New York Color China Glaze Adventure Red-y freehand hand drawn

I used Petites Night and a nail art brush to draw the scales, skipping my middle finger.


Time Periods nail art Challenge Medieval Dragon scales eye flame fire breathing saran wrap Spellbound Nails shimmer neon green teal blue red yellow orange Sally Hansen Savvy NYC New York Color China Glaze Adventure Red-y freehand hand drawn

I drew the eye on this finger first and then drew in the scales around it. I used L.A. Colors Mint for the eye itself.


Time Periods nail art Challenge Medieval Dragon scales eye flame fire breathing saran wrap Spellbound Nails shimmer neon green teal blue red yellow orange Sally Hansen Savvy NYC New York Color China Glaze Adventure Red-y freehand hand drawn

You can't have a dragon without showcasing their fire-breathing ability. So for the thumb, I painted it with two coats of Sally Hansen Lightening and then used saran wrap to create the flame effect with NYC Spring Street and China Glaze Adventure Red-y.



Up next in this challenge: Imperial China!

Up next on the blog will be the Disney Challenge: The Lion King!!

14 comments:

  1. Wow! This is such a cool idea and design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is this! you are so talented! Come do my nails like that!! ;) I agree with Michelle up there^^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I would love to come do your nails like this, lol. :)

      Delete
  3. As a guy, I can't say I've worried about my nails, but how long does something like that take? Seems like it's something that would require a lot of patience! Stopping from the Northeast Bloggers weekend hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey P.J. more and more guys are painting their nails now, lol. Stop by more often and I'll have you addicted to polish in no time! ;) As for time ... it does take a bit of patience, but I like to think I have it down to a science. I think this design took me about 1-2 hours all together. Waiting for the polish to dry so I can move on to the next step is always what takes the most time and patience.

      Delete
  4. Wow this is amazing! You are such a great artist!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?