Saturday, May 4, 2013

Influenster Sugar 'n Spice VoxBox: Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Oil Controlling Towelettes

*All products were sent to me for testing purposes, completely complimentary, from Influenster. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Hello again! Here is my review of Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Oil Controlling Towelettes. That's a mouthful!


I told you when I got this box this was the one thing I was hesitant to use. My skin is very sensitive to change. The littlest thing can cause a breakout or dry patches. However, these things work beautifully! I do recommend using a moisturizer after using one of these towelettes since I've heard witch hazel can be very drying, but I haven't had any breakouts or dry patches since I started using these and my box is nearly gone!!


Here is the packet containing the towelette. These are all nicely stacked inside the box for easy grabbing. Each packet tells you that Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel is oil free, non-drying, and for all skin types. It will gently remove dirt, oil, and impurities while eliminating shine with botanical extracts. It's a gentle formula with a touch of aloe.


The back goes more in depth on the benefits of witch hazel; listing that it refines pores, removes & controls oil, soothes irritation, and locks in moisture. Be warned that these towelettes have a very strong scent. I wasn't sure I liked it at first, but once I got over how strong it is I actually find it has a pleasant scent.

My favorite part? They remove makeup beautifully!! They are so much better than my makeup wipes. I have to rush through cleaning my face with my makeup wipes because they dry out so quickly. But Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Oil Controlling Towelettes are nearly soaking when you pull them out of the packet, and they stay wet long after I'm done! Do be careful cleaning around your eyes; it'll sting a little if you get some of the witch hazel in them.


I even use these when I'm not wearing makeup, and I have to tell you ... I realized very quickly that my face isn't as clean as I think. These towelettes pick up some major yuck! They're not lying; the interlocking mesh really does pick up and trap dirt and oil, and the spun lace fibers really do clean deep into pores.

*All products were sent to me for testing purposes, completely complimentary, from Influenster. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?